The #1 spot for best water filter is the Aquasana AQ-4000 Water Filter System. Aquasana in America is the number 1 rated in home water filtration system and it is really good in doing its job in filtering water for much safer and healthier water to drink for our family. The Aquasana AQ-4000 will cost less compared to most other brands and is a lot better in removing pollutants while maintaining the healthy minerals of your water.
The word Aquasana translated in Latin word means ‘water to heal’.
Overview of Aquasana AQ-4000 Water Filter System
- Aquasana’s unique dual filter system runs on a mixture of carbon filtration with ion exchange technology and sub micron filtration in order to provide safe, healthy and great-tasting water through the comfort of your kitchen tap.
- Aquasana AQ-4000 reduces more synthetic chemicals, chlorine, lead, sediments, VOCs, MTBE, THMs and Chlorine resistant parasites a.k.a. Cysts more than the other water filtration system.
- The Aquasana AQ-400 will help to stabilize the pH of drinking water between 7.25 and 8.5.
- Aquasana’s twin cartridge drinking water filter can easily be installed in seconds to kitchen faucets that will provide of up to 30 gallons an hour of ultra filtered, safe and healthy water for cooking, drinking & other beverages.
- The cartridge must be changed a minimum of every 6 months/500 gallons, in spite of use, because of possible bacteria development in the filter. Replacement filters cost roughly to $48, so the cost would be only $8 a month/9 cents per gallon to get an unlimited supply of ultra filtered high quality water to drink for our family.
Best Water Filter Reviews – Product Comparison
Aquasana AQ-4000 compared to Reverse Osmosis:
Aquasana process is more outstanding. Aquasana AQ4000 not like reverse osmosis, uses a selective filter which decreases chemical & metal pollutants while making in great, healthier minerals for pH balanced and much better good tasting water. The AQ4000 furthermore doesn’t waste water during the filtration process, compared to reverse osmosis system that could waste roughly 3 gallons of water in each 1 gallon it purifies.
Aquasana AQ-4000 process compared to Distillation:
Again the Aquasana AQ4000 not like distillation, uses a selective filter which decreases chemical & metal pollutants while making in great, healthier minerals for pH balanced and much better good tasting water.
Distillation eliminates only pollutants with greater boiling level than water; VOCs and chlorine aren’t included in these impurities. Distillation just like reverse osmosis is as well as quite wasteful and ineffective process if compared to Aquasana AQ-4000.
Aquasana AQ-4000 Disadvantages
We have said too much advantages of the Aquasana AQ-4000 Water Filtration System and we honestly highly recommend it to families to use Aquasana AQ-4000 water filtration system for healthier water to drink. However the AQ-4000 has a big disadvantage that customer who bought this product complained about.
It is the DURABILITY ISSUE of the AQ-4000. But if you take proper care for it, reading the manual for proper use of the product and with proper maintenance then it will last longer. Another small disadvantage of AQ-4000 which most other water filtration system has is that it will reduce the flow of water coming out from your kitchen faucet.
It will take its own sweet time so better do not expect to get a full size stream of water at full pressure. Aside from those disadvantages, the Aquasana AQ-4000 is your best choice for the best water filter to buy.